Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Royal Scot War Diaries I have

tommie

Tom, reactivating this one after a long gap. Do you by any chance have 9th RS for 7th- 10th April 1917

much appreciated.

cheers

bullyman

Hello, Tom,

Would appreciate 1/8th Battalion for the first week of August 1916 if you have it.

My ancestor was killed that week.

Thanks

Al

Al,

August Mametz Wood

1st-A&C Coys managed to link up with 19th Division on our left flank.Work was hampered this night through hostile activity.B&D Coys with Echelon B Transport.

2nd-A&C Coys working on High Alley and Thistle Alley-improving communications.B&C Coys.relieved A&C who returned to Echelon B Transport lines.

3rd&4th&5th-Continuation of above work.

6th-Bivouacs at D.12.d. on Albert-Amiens Rd.

Relieved by Middlesex Pioneer Battalion of 33rd Division-Battalion moved to Bivouacs at D.12.d-(Albert Combined Sheet). Transport and two companies arriving at 3 p.m.-the two Companies from Mametz Wood not reaching bivouacs till midnight-after relief at 7 p.m.

7th&8th-Battalion remained in rest bivouacs.Transport moved to Poulainville and stayed the night there.

George

p.s.Casualties during month of August.

Officers-Wounded(Shell Shock) Captain J.Richardson,2/Lieut S.K. Graham.

Sick-Capt.R.B. Kerr,Capt.C.E.Allison.

to M.Gun Corps-Lieut A.G.A.Jamieson.

O.R.-Killed 4-Wounded 20(1 died).

Wounded at duty 7-Sick 39.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi Tom

Any chance of a copy of 13th Bn. Royal Scots for the first two weeks in September 1915 and a week either side of 25th April 1916. Great uncle hospitalised during the first period with shell-shock and killed while attached to 253 Tunnelling Coy over second. According to their diary the Tunnelling Coy sent a report of the incident to the 13th Royal Scots. Any assistance greatly appreciated.

Ian

Hello,

I am new to this site and wondered if any one has war diaries for the7th Battalion Royal Scots around the battle of the scarpe . Specifically leading up to the 27th August 1918. My grandfathers older brother Private William O'Connor service number 33212 died on that day and i would love to find out a little more detail of what the circumstances of his death were. The best i have have found out so far is that his battalion became 'pioneers' for the 51st Highland Division. I have found medal cards and a memorial record with the war graves commision but no service record to gain an enlistment date. The only other detail i have is a T.R Battalion service number 2/5320.

Any help would be greatfully recieved.

colin.

Colin,

Welcome to the Forum but can you please confirm the Battalion.

It was the 8th Royal Scots that became the Pioneer Battalion to the 51st(Highland)Division.

George

sorry my mistake , William was definately in the 1/7th Battalion Royal Scots . Got myself a little confused looking into what division the 1/7th joined on arrival in theatre.

if i am right i think the 1/7th didnt enter the european theatre until 17th April 1918 moving from Egypt .

colin

Colin,

Welcome to the Forum but can you please confirm the Battalion.

It was the 8th Royal Scots that became the Pioneer Battalion to the 51st(Highland)Division.

George

Colin,

If you go to the Homepage on this web-site.

Click on Army,follow the link to Infantry Regiments then Royal Scots you'll find information about the 7th Battalion.

George

thanks for the link , do you know if anyone has diary entries for the 7th battalion around the 27th august 1918 ?

colin

Colin,

If you go to the Homepage on this web-site.

Click on Army,follow the link to Infantry Regiments then Royal Scots you'll find information about the 7th Battalion.

George

Colin,

Assuming you live in Scotland there is probably a copy at the Royal Scots Museum in Edinburgh Castle.

Hopefully another Forum Member,who has a copy,will come along soon and post the relevant day's entry.

George

Diary entry for 270818

John

post-12171-0-44935700-1308832468.jpg

post-12171-0-79856200-1308832480.jpg

• 11 months later...

Hi Tom, I am interested in the 2nd Battalion on the lead up to the 26th of August 1914 in the Battle of Marne. I am at present doing a project to searching for all the men on my local war memorial.

Private Henry Lamont sadly was the first of the 28 men killed during WW1 from the parish of Killearn.

Cheers Rab

Gday Tom

Would you have the 9th Royal Scots for 19th to 30th November 1917? If so are there any appendix's for the Cambrai action?

Would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

• 1 month later...

Hi Tom

Would you have 2nd Bn whereabouts 7th - 10th May 1915 please ? Pretty sure it must be near Mt Kemmel.

Many thanks

Bob

• 1 year later...

Archibald McLeaver died 30/9/1915 at Bethune France, Enlisted in the 1st Battalion Scots Guards on 31/8/1914 Number 10039. Buried plot 4b 32 in Lillers Communal Cemetry

Would be very grateful for any information on the battalion prior to this date

Also

Private A TURNER -13131, 2nd Bn., Scots Guards who died age 27 on Sunday 10 November 1918. buried at Etaples of pneumonia

Regards

• 2 weeks later...

I'm looking for information on the Royal Scots. My G Grandfather was killed near Nieuport on 15 July 1917. His details are Pvt Hugh Douglas, No. 13650. He's commemorated in Coxyde. I think he's shown as being from 5/6 Battalion of the Royal Scots. Any info would be grate and especially details on or around 15 July 1917.

• 9 months later...

I am trying to find out anything about my Grandfather John Randall 2nd Royal Scots 302399. He was taken prisoner 12th April 1918 at Locon. Would there be anything in War Diaries for 2nd Royal Scots?

Jan

Tom

Could I trouble you for the 16th Bn attack on the chemical works around the 28th April 1917

Thanks in advance

• 5 years later...

Hello Tom - do you by chance have the war diary for the 12th Royal Scots for the period 4-6 September 1916? Thank you!

Hi

I do, are you aware they are now on Ancestry?

This is an old thread.

If you just want that page, let me know.

regards

Robert

4 hours ago, rksimpson said:

Hi

I do, are you aware they are now on Ancestry?

This is an old thread.

If you just want that page, let me know.

regards

Robert

If you have just that page that would be great. I'm still digging on Ancestry - could only find the 11th Royal Scots and HQ, 27th Brigade. I will keep digging.