Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Battle of the Aisne - Sept.1914

Old Chap

Can any of the Pals help me out with a map showing the position of the 2nd Division, especially the 1st Kings Liverpool during the battle. I have a copy of the History of the Second Division but the maps a bit unclear.

Cheers,

Bill

• 2 weeks later...

Bill ,

Have just come back after short holiday . Will have a look in my maps re the Aisne 1914 battalions to see if there is anything that can help and will let you know .

Maurice

Bill ,

Just had a look and have a hand drawn map of the regiments of the 5th and 6th Brigade which shows their positions on 13th October just before they were relieved by the French and one of the 6th Infantry Brigade dated 14th- 21st September , 26th September -October 1st -14th showing the battalions movements during the periods shown including that of the 1st Kings . Also have a map of where the of where the 4th Guards Brigade were on September 14th if it is of any use to you but I dont have one which shows the whole of the 2nd Divn . Would they be of any use to you ? The maps are rather large and would be happy to photocopy them and send them on if you will let me have your address off forum . Will be decorating tomorrow but will try to get them to you some time next week If you would like them

Maurice