Kings Royal Rifle Corps formally TR/13/459 16th TR battalion, Rifleman

Burried at Warlincourt, Halte British Cemertry at Saulty

Was a member of the "Church Lads Brigade"

alan

alantaylor2004@hotmail.com

heres his Medal index card

Mick

Welcome to the forum.

Here's his entry on the Soldiers Died in the Great War cd......

11748481ud8.jpg

And here's his entry on the CWGC site.......

Clicky here

And here you'll find some info on the Btn (on the "mother site")

KRRC here

Les

Hi Alan

I have the War Diary for the 16th KRRC. If you would like the entries leading up to your mans death just let me know.

There is quite a lot of info on the 16th on this forum, have you tried a search?

Cheers

Bob

Hi Alan

I have the War Diary for the 16th KRRC. If you would like the entries leading up to your mans death just let me know.

There is quite a lot of info on the 16th on this forum, have you tried a search?

Cheers

Bob

Hi,

Thanks for the info, I'm not sure how I would get hold of the War Diary. As he died of wounds he could of course have been in some battle or other days, weeks or even months before his death.

I would be grateful for any imput that you could give me to research more into what took place.

If you have these diaries I would very much like to see them.

Alan

Hi Alan

I have the diary electronically so I can send you the sections leading up to your mans death. However, this will only give you an idea of what was going on at the time because as an OR he is unlikely to be mentioned by name, Usually only officers were recognised.

If you would like me to do that is the email address you posted the correct one to send these attachments to as they are about 1mb each. Please let me know.

Also your mans service record could have survived if it did it may now be on Ancestry.

Cheers

Bob

Hi Alan

I have the diary electronically so I can send you the sections leading up to your mans death. However, this will only give you an idea of what was going on at the time because as an OR he is unlikely to be mentioned by name, Usually only officers were recognised.

If you would like me to do that is the email address you posted the correct one to send these attachments to as they are about 1mb each. Please let me know.

Also your mans service record could have survived if it did it may now be on Ancestry.

Cheers

Bob

Hi Bob,

Thanks for the offer. If you could I would be grateful, my e-mail is

alantaylor2004@hotmail.com.

Thanks,

Alan

Alan, I have taken the liberty of checking Ancestry service and pension records and cannot find any trace of your relative, only mention is as the MIC already posted by Mick. Regards Ralph.