Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Frederick Fox

Diane Alden

Hello Everybody,

Pte. Frederick Fox born Tacolneston Norfolk 1897 died 31.7.1917 aged 20 years. He was the son of Henry and Harriet Fox and is remembered on the Menin Gate Memorial and the War Memorial of Tacolneston Church.

Service No. 29122 Norfolk Regiment and Service No. 41389 10th Battalion Essex Regiment. I also have his Medal card.

All of the above details I have found on the CWGC site and on his Medal card.

I have not been able to find his service record and I wondered if anybody could tell me or point me in the right direction as to where he would have been fighting at the time of his death?

A big thank you in advance

Diane

Diane, SDGW has him being born and residing in Tacolneston and enlisting in Norwich,a bit more info. Regards Ralph.

Diane, SDGW has him being born and residing in Tacolneston and enlisting in Norwich,a bit more info. Regards Ralph.

That's brilliant Ralph, thank you very much

All best wishes

Diane :)

Hi Diane,

The 10th Battalion was fighting to the North of Zillebeke Lake on July 31, 1917. If you PM me your email address, I'll send you the relevant War Diary entry and a scan of what Burrows, Essex Units in the War 1914-1919, Volume 6, has to say about that day.

Cheers,

Michael

Hello Diane,

I noticed your post for Frederick Fox, son of Henry & Harriet. I am researching Arthur (Archie) Robert Fox, b.1890, Alby, Norfolk. KIA 1916, son of James Fox. James is Frederick's brother.

I can't help you with info on Frederick, but if you are into the family tree, you are welcome to WW1 history of Arthur.(As far as I know it.)

Regards.

David.

Hello Diane,

I noticed your post for Frederick Fox, son of Henry & Harriet. I am researching Arthur (Archie) Robert Fox, b.1890, Alby, Norfolk. KIA 1916, son of James Fox. James is Frederick's brother.

I can't help you with info on Frederick, but if you are into the family tree, you are welcome to WW1 history of Arthur.(As far as I know it.)

Regards.

David.

Hello David,

That sounds great. I'll PM you with my e-mail address if that is ok?

Diane