Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Is this man Gordon Highlanders ?

clarkc_bpo

Sorry guys, but just another one to help me with if that's ok...

Sergeant John Christie Ritchie S/1827 was my grandpa's cousin, and I reckon this photo is him. Can anyone confirm this photo as depicting a Gordon Highlander ?

JohnChristieRitchie.jpg

I should add that I know the details of John, but that this photo has turned up in the family and circumstantial evidence points to it being him.

regards

Clark

I think so.

Badge and glengarry are consistent and certainly looks like a gordons badge to me, you can see the gap between the antlers at the top.

Do you happen to know his Battalion or approx date of photo?

Chris

[edit] I downloaded his MIC from Ancestry let me know if you want a copy. I see he is 1st Bn and DOW in April 1916.

I think so.

Badge and glengarry are consistent and certainly looks like a gordons badge to me, you can see the gap between the antlers at the top.

Do you happen to know his Battalion or approx date of photo?

Chris

[edit] I downloaded his MIC from Ancestry let me know if you want a copy. I see he is 1st Bn and DOW in April 1916.

Hi Chris,

Many thanks, and I'll now go checkout thatGordons website too for more background.I have the MIC but appreciate the offer.

regards

Clark

I have been looking up some info of where the 1st Gordons were around March 1916 The Bluff looks likely 2nd-3rd March 1916 SE of Ypres so looks like he was there if he died of wounds in early April.