Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Forum Gallery

WASMAN

Would love to see a gallery of Forum members families who served in the forces, thats if one does'nt exist already., 9TH KLR AND NORTH STAFFS, JOHN (JACK) SINNOTT PTE 14562454

post-1-1077044090.jpg

Wasman - There is a section on the mother-site where some Pals' relatives are pictured (Ordinary Heroes, I think it is called).

ps. Please don't shout my eyes can't cope with BIG letters :D

Sorry Lee, thought everyone on the Forum was really old and  I would save you the trouble of getting your reading glasses out.

I'm not old, you cheeky callow youth :P

Is your man in a WW2 uniform? I'm not really up on uniforms, as most here will tell you!

Sorry Lee, thought everyone on the Forum was really old and I would save you the trouble of getting your reading glasses out.

Snotty nosed little brat, he has incurred the dreaded wrath of the codgers! :angry: And I tell you there a few things worser!

Guest Ian Bowbrick
I'm not really up on uniforms, as most here will tell you!

I knew this all along - typical of the Military Police...............don't know one uniform from another :lol:

Ian

I knew this all along - typical of the Military Police...............don't know one uniform from another :lol:

Ian

Crack a skull, who cares which uniform they're wearing :ph34r:

WW2 uniform and the number confirms it.

Terry - You're quite correct, I should have known that was a WW2 number. That'll teach me to try to read the Forum whilst talking to other people, sorry!

I must try harder

I must try harder

I must try harder

I must try harder

I must try harder

I must try harder

I must try harder

I must try harder

WW2 uniform and the number confirms it.

Terry - You're quite correct, I should have known that was a WW2 number. That'll teach me to try to read the Forum whilst talking to other people, sorry!

I must try harder

I must try harder

I must try harder

I must try harder

I must try harder

I must try harder

I must try harder

I must try harder

Back to board and write out 'I will not use cut and paste to complete my lines' 100 times :angry:

I must come clean, as my Father served in WW11, any budding detective will tell you I am no spring chick, but thats why I love the internet, no one need know how old you are.

Wasman.

Did your father ever serve in the Royal Artillery, and did he serve post-war? I'm asking this because his service number corresponds to the block issued to the RA rather than the KLR and N.Staffs for WW2.

Also the way that he's wearing the 1940 ptn. BD blouse makes me think that this is a post-war photo? (I believe that during WW2 ,it was worn with collar fastened for ORs (open with tie for officers), the open collar for ORs only becoming statutory between (approx.) 1947 and 1949 (when another pattern BD blouse with open collar was issued)).

Dave.

Did your father ever serve in the Royal Artillery, and did he serve post-war? I'm asking this because his service number corresponds to the block issued to the RA rather than the KLR and N.Staffs for WW2.

Scrap that last question!!!! (I missed out a digit!!!)

The number actually falls into the number block of the General Service Corps. This is the number he would have kept throughout any future transfers.

(Sorry about that! :unsure: )

dave.

He finished his service in 1947 so the photo may be as late as that, he was still held on reserve with the cheshire regiment until 1952., On this pic dads the one in the middle, he told me if you can't fight wear a big hat ! I never knew what he meant.

post-1-1077061029.jpg

Back to board and write out 'I will not use cut and paste to complete my lines' 100 times :angry:

D'oh! Rumbled, yet again!

Sorry Mr Dunlop, Sir. It won't ever 'appen again, 'onest it won't!

I will not use cut and paste to complete my lines X 100.