Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

20 lb Cooper Bomb

Tom Tulloch-Marshall

Does anybody have a dimensioned or partially dimensioned drawing of the 20 lb Cooper Bomb - or maybe details of some of the key dimensions such as overall length / max diameter (widest point at "front" end) / length & width of fins ? - I can find lots of illustrations on the www, but not a single dimension :huh:

thanks - Tom

Tom,

The only dimensions I can find are that the overall length of the bomb is 24 and 3/4 inches and its maximum diameter is 5 inches. Here is a plan I found on the Internet - you can use this to work out the other dimensions you need.

Regards

Steve

post-2669-1213657063.jpg

Steve - thanks. I had also "borrowed" that diagram from somewhere on the www - cant remember where; and wherever it was wasnt helpful ref dimensions :(

Do you have a source for the 24 3/4 ins long and 5 ins dia ?

thanks - Tom

Tom, I wrote down the dimensions during research last year and it took me a while to remembber where I got them from - a website where replicas of WW1 British bombs were being made (the Cooper bombs on the RAF museum's DH9 being taken as a point of reference). The site is:

http://www.wwi-models.org/Photos/Various/Bombs-brit/

There are also a couple of email adresses given on this site if you wish to get further clarification and other dimensions.

Regards

Steve

Steve - thanks for that ........................ useful

regards - Tom