Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Last¨Post website

Jacky Platteeuw

Dear all,

May I draw your attention on the website of the Last Post Association which can be found under: www.lastpost.be.

On the site you can find for instance the calendar of the special Ceremonies and a email adress if you, as future visitor of Ieper, want to lay a wreath. This is possible for groups and individuals.

Also during the year 2003 the Association once again wishes to draw special attention to the lives of particular soldiers, who gave their lives in the Salient during the Great War. The soldiers in question, whose names will be read out each Saturday, all died on a date during the same week in one of the War years.

In the future the website will be extended with stories and data concerning the Menin Gate.

Thanks for your time.

Jacky

Can I endorse Jacky's recommenadation. The website has been invaluable in recent years for arranging our participation in the Last Post ceremony on our tours.

Jacky,

Can I just take the opportunity, because I have never had the chance before, of thanking everyone concerned with the Last Post?

I have been present now a number of times and it never fails to move me. I feel honoured that the people of Ypres still go to so much trouble to remember our forebears.

It is a moving, humbling experience, one that puts Britain to shame.

Thank you,

Rob

I feel honoured that the people of Ypres still go to so much trouble to remember our forebears.

It is a moving, humbling experience, one that puts Britain to shame.

I must say that I wholeheartedly agree with Rob's comments.

Thankyou,

Dave

Even as an American I find the Last Post Ceremony one of the most moving tributes I've ever seen. I know of no other place where citizens of a nation pay tribute to soldiers from a foreign land. One may even be hard pressed to find a nation that pays such an honor to its on fallen warriors. It speaks highly of the people who live in Ypres.

My personal thanks to all of the Last Post Association, past, present and future and to those who support them.

Jon