Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Army Form B104-82

jainvince

I have an original of the above form for a Soldier who died in the Ypres Salient and rests there now. However, the original has been glued together by selotape such that much of the standard printed information is missing. Does any pal have a good copy of the form such that I can use my Adobe package to create a better copy of the notice a freind of mine has in his collection concerning the death of his uncle. He has given permission for me to post all of the details he has about his uncle onto this website, a fascinating and illuminating collection. I just need to get the form described in the heading so that the post can be fully appreciated.

BernardP

Any good to you?...

Dave

post-357-1194655029.jpg

...or (without deleted section)...

Dave

post-357-1194655172.jpg

Many thanks for the offer Dave but the form appears to have been changed during the course of the war. The version I am trying to get 'restored' is shown below so unfortunately I cannot use Adobe on your version. The question thus remains, does anybody hav1 a better copy of the form used to notify Rifleman Murray's mother of his death?

BernardP

PS like many things about WW! we learn about the little things such as the fact that amidst all that went on the beaurocrats could get around to changing forms!

Are these death notices in the archives at all? My grandmother's uncle, Pte Joseph Boddington (23861), was in the 5th Bn, Ox & Bucks Light Infantry. He was killed on the Somme 28 August 1916. I have his medal card, etc, but this would be a good (yet grim) thing to have.

- J.

I had a quick go at a clean up - did not try to add in the missing information from the middle.

Might be able to do better with a bigger scan. I have a copy of this form which may be similar but I will need to look it out tomorrow.

Cheers Chris

Thanks Chris

I was hoping someone may have had an undamaged version, Rifleman Murray's is in a very poor condition.

As to the question James K asks, I don't know. I know that we have a copy of the Cemetery Register (2 versions), printed letter from King, letter refering to medals etc. All have been saved but have deteriorated over time.

BernardP