Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Roll of Honour - City of Leeds Engineers Dept.

rollofhonour

Does anybody know anything about this memorial. I have acquired a postcard with it on but I don't know whether it still exists or if any of those listed died. It is on-line on the Roll of Honour web site.

LeedsCityEngineersDept.jpg

Does anybody know anything about this memorial. I have acquired a postcard with it on but I don't know whether it still exists or if any of those listed died. It is on-line on the Roll of Honour web site.

Sorry can't help much with the memorial, but could the L Foster from the roll be THIS L Foster we have been talking about today?

Andy

Little research give me to belive

The other pal could be Harold Coggill, Corporal, 15/215, born 1890, died 01/07/1916, Memorial Serre Road Cemetery No 1, Mentioned on UK Monument - Stourton and Thwaitegate, Leeds (nr. First Direct Bank - Lights), address 4, Airedale Terrace, Stourton, Leeds, parents Mr. W. Mason Coggill, age 26.

I have a picture of the Stourton memorial somewhere if you would like a copy.

Regards

Andy

last one from me

And Shaw WC could be Walter Clifford Shaw, Private, 15/806, Killed 01/07/1916, Grave/Memorial Reference: Pier and Face 2 A 2 C and 2 D. Memorial: THIEPVAL MEMORIAL

Regards

Andy

I have a picture of the Stourton memorial somewhere if you would like a copy.

I you would be so kind, most grateful.

Many thanks for all of this. Very helpful, hopefully I will be able to add most of this to the page, but I will attribute you with the research - haven't done much myself on this one :D

I you would be so kind, most grateful.

Hi Martin

Will do, PM me your email address and I will send the pictures tonight when I get in. I think there are about 4 or 5 as I took a shot of each panel.

Regards

Andy