Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Can anyone Identify info on this person?

Ir0n Cr0ss

This is my great gramps and I know his name I just want to know anything about him. Any info would be appreciate it!

Thanks in advance

Ir0n Cr0ss

ww1zo6.png

Fabulous picture, Iron Cross.

Are you able to perhaps give us a close-up look at his hat badges and buttons - maybe his belt buckle, too - in case they can give us a few clues?

Allie

I just searched on the surname only, and these are all the Zinkgraf's (date of death/missing):

Zinkgraf Friedrich: 01.07.1942

Zinkgraf Gerhard: 22.06.1941

Zinkgraf Karl: 10.08.1944

Zinkgraf Willi: 06.09.1945

Zinkgraff Karl: 03.09.1917

Zinkgraff Wilhelm: 21.08.1914

So there is no Zinkgraf (with one 'f') recorded for WW1.

Mick

If you cannot locate the info on the volksbund site you can actually write to the volksbund who will run a check on your grandfather as not all casualties are listed on the site or for better result you can apply to the deutsche dienstelle, internet http:www.dd-wast.de this service asks for a payment which is approx 6 euro but you only pay when they send your records. the wast is based in Berlin and i have had several searches done for casualties which have returned records not recorded on the volksbund, if you neeed any further help just contact me, cheers geoff

Thanks for that, Iron Cross.

However, I think you need to scan the picture again (if you have it to scan) at a higher resolution. I was going to zoom in and post the hat badge etc for you, but when I zoom in I can't see any details. It's too blurry.

Sorry.

Allie

I'm no expert on German Uniforms but the clues will be colour of Cockade, belt buckle and bayonet knot.

post-9683-1160469054.jpgpost-9683-1160469064.jpgpost-9683-1160469072.jpg

This may help. I know they are Pickelhaube cockades but colours should be the same.(I hope.)

Enl_02.jpg

I suggest you retitle thread "help with German Soldier" then a few experts may be able to help.