Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Special 'Remembrance' Stamps

Terry Denham

On 9th November Royal Mail is to issue special sheets of Remembrance Stamps - 20 1st Class per sheet - entitled 'We Will Remember Them'. The design features red poppies on a white background.

This is a special sheet in their 'Smilers' series and sells at a small premium.

From the small illustration I have seen, the surrounds of the stamps bear texts relating to 'Remembrance' plus some graphics.

The cost is £6.95 per sheet (plus postage) and they can be ordered by phone (08457 641641 or from overseas +44 131 316 7483) quoting Code AT027.

These sheets are usually only on sale in small numbers at large post office branches in the UK and so most people will not know they exist.

And No... I don't work for Royal Mail!

• 4 weeks later...

An image of the new Remembrance stamp is below.

The text on the accompanying sheets is written by Richard Holmes and bears pics of the Cenotaph, the RA Memorial at Hyde Park Corner, the RAF Memorial at Charing Cross and the Euston Station War Memorial - all in London.

Royal Mail intends to issue further 'Remembrance' stamps over the next two years to coincide with WW1 anniversaries.

Photo courtesy of Royal Mail.

post-19-1161523881.jpg

Terry.

Thankyou for posting the information for us. I will make a point of purchasing a sheet.

Regards.

Terry. W