Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

need a CD of ww1 songs

mcfc1923

A "quick Google" for "Songs Of The Great War" found these two & others try an Amazon UK or US search too.

Counter Attack Video & CD Page..Scroll Down For Music CDs.

cheers pals,

'The Great War Soundtrack' is the one for me, if it's possible, Harry or Kate,

you can make me a copy if you have it, i would pay for the CD plus postage and send a little something to the forum fund.

cheers Harry cheers Kate

jim

Jim,

That is called pirating, and would get us individualy and the Forum into a lot of trouble with the law - especially as as you have made the request on the internet for all to see.

I've got the one pictured on the left in Harry Betts' post above titled The Great War, an evocation in music and drama through recordings made at the time. The quality ain't very good, as can be expected but it's got some interesting odditities as well as the songs, including a voicepiece by a VC winner (Sgt E Dwyer) made in 1916 and the sound of gas shells being fired in 1918, described as the only genuine 'documentary' to emerge from the Great War. The Holts seems to have had a hand in the making of it.

cheers Martin B

Jim,

Insanity won't save you. B)

• 3 months later...

Have just bought Oh! It's a Lovely War CD of WW1 songs,all original recordings including the voice of Sergeant Edward Dwyer V.C.,worth every penny.

Joan

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B...4174454-4038247