Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

"The Times" digital Archive

Tom Morgan

Thanks, Tom.

(Is it really a year since the last time..??!)

Hmmm, have to agree with Compo... how did this work last year ?...

Anybody got an access code they can lend all of us for a week :P

Pretty Please :D

Kingsman,

Do you have a library card?

If so, I know that Northamptonshire Libraries allow access using the number on the back.

You can log-in here:

http://infotrac.london.galegroup.com/itweb/norlib

It's free, and the Cambridgeshire Libraries one certainly doesn't restrict the amount of access.

If you haven't got a Library Card, then get one!

Steve.

I can't get in either, and trial or TRIAL doesn't work. :(

Nor me, must find my Northamptonshire library card!

Arm

I'm not sure why the link isn't working as it takes me straight to the page where you start searching.

However, if you're having a problem, try this:

Go to the Thompson and Gale website.

Click on the blue panel on the right of the home page, then Others (unless you're a librarian), then an area of interest, e.g. the Times Digital Archive is under "History, Biography and Literature" and finally click on the archive you want.

Tom

Guest geoff501
I'm not sure why the link isn't working as it takes me straight to the page where you start searching.

However, if you're having a problem, try this:

Click on the blue panel on the right of the home page, then Others (unless you're a librarian), then an area of interest, e.g. the Times Digital Archive is under "History, Biography and Literature" and finally click on the archive you want.

Tom

Or try this link:

http://www.gale.com/Times/index.htm

Kingsman,

Do you have a library card?

If so, I know that Northamptonshire Libraries allow access using the number on the back.

You can log-in here:

http://infotrac.london.galegroup.com/itweb/norlib

It's free, and the Cambridgeshire Libraries one certainly doesn't restrict the amount of access.

If you haven't got a Library Card, then get one!

Steve.

Yes, my magic Northamptonshire Libraries card does give me unrestricted access to the Times Digital Archive, and a host of other journals and the Dictionary of National Biography, via its Information Services webpage; but surely ours cannot be the only public library that offers this service. If it is not available via your local library, you'll all have to come and live with me in the County of Spires and Squires. Perhaps that explains the rapid housebuilding hereabouts.

This link will take you to the Infotrac page, which explains more. click on Infotrac in the light blue box to take you to the link that Stebie posted.

http://www.northamptonshire.gov.uk/Leisure...es/infotrac.htm

Steve, do you actually live in Northamptonshire, or have you claimed squatters rights?

Worked a treat Tom Thanks

REgds

Worked a treat Tom Thanks

REgds

Hmm, funny...

Tom's link doesn't work, and the other suggestions here don't seem to work for me either.

When you say "Blue panel on the right..." do you mean the one that says "select your area of interest?"

Where is the "others," option located?

I don't seem to be seeing what you're seeing.

Paul

Guest Bill Woerlee

Tom

I cannot thank you enough for that information and link. It is just fantastic. I never even knew it was there.

Cheers

Bill

Hmm, funny...

Tom's link doesn't work, and the other suggestions here don't seem to work for me either.

When you say "Blue panel on the right..." do you mean the one that says "select your area of interest?"

Where is the "others," option located?

I don't seem to be seeing what you're seeing.

Paul

Paul, the blue panel is the one that says, "Celebrate National Library Week all month long with free access to Thomson Gale Databases."

Click on that panel and you go to another page on which you gain access to the databases by clicking either the "Librarian" or "Others" button.

On the next page click on the "History, Biography and Literature" button and you're in, with a list of databases available.

Good luck!

Tom

Paul, the blue panel is the one that says, "Celebrate National Library Week all month long with free access to Thomson Gale Databases."

Click on that panel and you go to another page on which you gain access to the databases by clicking either the "Librarian" or "Others" button.

On the next page click on the "History, Biography and Literature" button and you're in, with a list of databases available.

Good luck!

Tom

Tom,

Thanks for that. Hmm, perhaps it's my firewall blocking something, but I do not see that at all...weird.

Paul

Kate,

Peterborough, now claimed by Cambridgseshire, but once in your fair county!!

The Cambridgshire Library Home Page also has the links.

I'm happy to be associated with Northamptonshire, apart from the fact that your footie team just beat us last Saturday (Fair and square, mind you)

Steve.

P.S. Came across an article in one of the 1930s "I Was There" publications on the "Gaieties" concert group. Have you seen that one?

Paul,

If you have a Cambridgeshire Library Card:

http://www.cambridgeshire.gov.uk/leisure/libraries/online/

Time Digital Archive link at the bottom left.

Steve.

Steve,

I wish I did...as a visiting forces fellow I've never even applied. Not sure I would qualify.

Paul

I'm in! Cheers Tom, the second approach worked. :D

Steve,

I wish I did...as a visiting forces fellow I've never even applied. Not sure I would qualify.

Paul

Paul,

You have residential status, so I don't see why not. Go in and ask. The worst they can say is no, and if it is 'yes' believe me you will be stuck at your computer keyboard until kingdom come.

Stebie

Is that the article by Leslie Henson?

Paul,

You have residential status, so I don't see why not. Go in and ask. The worst they can say is no, and if it is 'yes' believe me you will be stuck at your computer keyboard until kingdom come.

Stebie

Is that the article by Leslie Henson?

The Lady don't lie...I have been here since 9am this morning tapping away into the times search engine, god I'm busting for a wee!

Arm