Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

MGWAT August Entries here please!

Soren

Gutten Morgen/Nacht,

Achtung!, unt August topik ist ze UnterBooten..... sorry fake German accent is not really coming off! :lol:

This month's topic is the U-Boat make of it what you will, and we'd like to encourage entries from all Pal's, so get drawing, painting or writing!!!!

MMMmmmm now lets see, did the German's suck on Fishermen' Friends too.......... better ask Ricardo/ Borat.....

Good Luck!!

Fellatio amongst the Lower Deck... not arf!!

I shall adjust my colour chart accordingly.

Hmm... Lets see, what color should I start with...  :P ??

Aqua-marine. You'll likely finish with it too!

Andy,

would that be a black U-Boat at night then?

Just do a greeny-blue square of seawater and say it is submerged.

I assume by U-Boat you don't necessarily mean a sausage-muncher's submersible, but also British? (Otherwise Max Horton and Martin Nasmith et al will be waiting for you in the Afterlife with a crooked length of four-by-two. :D )

And of course, make sure you paint eyes on it and paint it to look like a fish -- that's what they actually did during the war!

Michael

Und her ist some of de crew of de Britischer-Australianische unterseeboot AE1

post-2704-1124300229.jpg

Guest bill hobsons
Und her ist some of de crew of de Britischer-Australianische unterseeboot AE1

As you are fully aware that all members of AE1 were lost at sea, the fact that you would publish their photograph as a follow-up to degrading insinuations about the conduct of sailors is simply despicable.

Bill Hobsons

As you are fully aware that all members of AE1 were lost at sea, the fact that you would publish their photograph as a follow-up to degrading insinuations about the conduct of sailors is simply despicable.

Bill Hobsons

Yawn... you think?

If you look at the dates, you will find these were posted weeks apart. I was adding the pictures as there seemed to be a problem in finding source material from which pictures could formed.

Perhaps you should find something else about which to be affronted.

Landsturm,

My medium was eBay on a Paint Shop Pro canvas.

Congratulations for rumbling me.

Well, I did try a bit harder than Andigger!!

I`m little worried of what this thread is turning into. The space is wasted unnecessarely. And last moth`s thread... winner was a empty black box (I have to give you credit, Andigger, for making it so far with so simple idea), I think there was something moraly wrong :blink: Good thing that Soren came second.

I don`t want to be a wet blanket, I too have a sense of humor, but I just find it little wrong that mine and Soren`s idea is losing its purpose. The idea was to bring artistic (both drawing/painting and writing) talents, that hide all around the forum, into daylight and for others to see, and those not usually doing this kind of stuff, letting them try their talents. Now, we`re only few steps away from people joining in and representing art that isn`t even theirs.

I`m working hard to even find time to draw something and participate, Soren (like we know) works with passion on his works, Ozzie has spilt blood from his heart to come up with the stories and I was happy to see that Shaymen had courage to participate June 'MGWAT' as a first-time artist, just to mention a few talents... So I`m appealing to you, please use this thread for what it is for.

Regards,

Tuomas

I do take your point Tuomas, and apologise if my levity was unwelcome. However, my entry was not entirely superfluous, as I wished to pose a question.

I appreciate the purpose of this idea, and enjoy viewing the new works, but do we need the competative element? Entrants have a range of styles and viewpoints, which are not necessarily better or worse than the others, simply different.

So yes, let us have entries on a set theme each month, but should we engage more discussion and abandon voting?

Hi Pal's

I found this months, MGWAT very difficult to do any research on as sources are scarce for some reason.

Kinda understand where Lansturm is coming from, having said that if no one else participates in here it could get quite echoey....... (is that a word?!)

Spike, no not at all.

Here U118 washed up at Hastings 1919, I hope you like it!

Soren :D

post-4474-1124673971.jpg

I`m little worried of what this thread is turning into. The space is wasted unnecessarely. And last moth`s thread... winner was a empty black box (I have to give you credit, Andigger, for making it so far with so simple idea), I think there was something moraly wrong :blink: Good thing that Soren came second.

I don`t want to be a wet blanket, I too have a sense of humor, but I just find it little wrong that mine and Soren`s idea is losing its purpose. The idea was to bring artistic (both drawing/painting and writing) talents, that hide all around the forum, into daylight and for others to see, and those not usually doing this kind of stuff, letting them try their talents. Now, we`re only few steps away from people joining in and representing art that isn`t even theirs.

I`m working hard to even find time to draw something and participate, Soren (like we know) works with passion on his works, Ozzie has spilt blood from his heart to come up with the stories and I was happy to see that Shaymen had courage to participate June 'MGWAT' as a first-time artist, just to mention a few talents... So I`m appealing to you, please use this thread for what it is for.

Regards,

Tuomas

I'm Sorry... :unsure:

Nobody asks for apologizies... :)

do we need the competative element?

No we don`t. The thread is for everybody...

Was my drawing that bad??

Not at all! Also for Soren; Very Good Work!!

I`m afraid I won`t have time to participate this time, unless I come up with something tonight. Just got back on leave and I`m heading again tomorrow.

OK... seems that things are quieting down here... No it`s my time to say something again. I just sketched my possible entry. But I don`t have time to scan it since I`ll be leaving in couple of hours. I can put it up next Friday, or Saturday at the latest.

If you guys accept, we could put up the poll after I`m ready, OK? Or if you don`t, I just pass this month. New title can be decided (I think it`s my turn anyway) and published as usual on the first of September.

Personal news from the Front if someone is interested:

Now it has happened. The whole brigade (Parolan Panssariprikaati) of recruits left on bicycles on Thursday from Parolannummi to the town of Forssa to swear the soldier's oath. The route was 84 kilometres (52,2 miles) of BAD road through forests, fields and small villages. With a huge backpack strapped to the cycles the trip was full of accidents, lactic acid and passing outs. The weather was sunny and HOT as Hell! But I`m proud to say that I made it despite the pain! After spending the night in tents in Forssa we took the oath and marched in parade, then it was time for us to head back. Just as we saddled up, down came the ultimate rainstorm! The trip was going to be hellish as well. With my boots full of water (enough for goldfishes to live in ), the backpack and uniform wet and my dear assault rifle in my back the weight came enormous, and was a full jäger-test for someone like me. The route was little shorter this time, 74,4 kilometres (45,9 miles), but this time it was all mud. It was really something, but I`m now proud to say that I`ve done it! I`m now panssarijääkäri (an armour jäger) and I`ll continue my service in PsjAuK to become a aliupseeri (NCO)... Meaning that it`ll be 362 days just like I originally wished. I got back home on Saturday and I`ll go back again tonight. Tomorrow we`ll take our equipment and bikes again head for a camp...

Regards,

Psj Koivurinne

Tuomas

I'm sure we can wait for your sketch, there seems some doubt over whether we should have a poll at all, but it's only a bit of fun after all. B)