Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Hayes KRRC identity tags

alastaircox

One last plea for help before my peace is shattered and the family return.....

From my very modest collection, 1914-15 Star trio, as originally found in cig tin, with tags.

Rifleman William R Hayes, 12216 4th Btn KRRC. I have found his MIC and Medal Rolls but nothing else so far. What is bugging me is the ID tags. The aluminium tag is marked up as W Hayes 12216 KRRC but the composite pair are marked 6838165 CPL W Hayes KRRC. I can find no information on the latter. Surely not WW2 service?

Thank you as always for your input (I am learning, slowly....)

post-98976-0-05082100-1451570264_thumb.j

Thanks Johnboy. Continued post-WW1 service but without records, the when and why's will remain a mystery.

Thank you Chris. So I need to acquire a copy of his death certificate, complete the form and pay £30. I will check when he died to see what level of detail is available.

One last plea for help before my peace is shattered and the family return.....

From my very modest collection, 1914-15 Star trio, as originally found in cig tin, with tags.

Rifleman William H Hayes, 12216 4th Btn KRRC. I have found his MIC and Medal Rolls but nothing else so far. What is bugging me is the ID tags. The aluminium tag is marked up as W Hayes 12216 KRRC but the composite pair are marked 6838165 CPL W Hayes KRRC. I can find no information on the latter. Surely not WW2 service?

Thank you as always for your input (I am learning, slowly....)

Very nice set.

1920's reenlistedment sounds spot on.

You don't need the death certificate as he will be over 116 years old, Chris

The original forum topic on index of service records for soldiers continuing to serve after the war is here. I downloaded the index/"attachments" from here, and merged into a single spreadsheet. I haven't had the need to get a copy record myself, but did wonder if a death certificate were strictly necessary. I'm also not certain that all of the DoBs are 100% correct.

Regards

Chris

When i got my Great Grandfathers service record i phoned them to find out for certain if i needed a death certificte and the chap said as long as they are over 116 year old they don't need one. Chris

I think I will need to prove date of death to get the full records as I am not a family member.

Thanks to everyone who contributed, I had no idea that this information was available.