Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Brodie Maker

eparges

Hi,

i have this Brodie, 'sharp edge' magnetic, with a round makers mark that is unfamiliar to me, it is furthermore stamped 'LS 18'. Anyone knows what the round mark stands for? Thanx!

brodie10.jpg

Hi,

i have this Brodie, 'sharp edge' magnetic, with a round makers mark that is unfamiliar to me, it is furthermore stamped 'LS 18'. Anyone knows what the round mark stands for? Thanx!

brodie10.jpg

Does the helmet have all the other recognized features of a British made Brodie or is it one of the variants that were produced at the time, possibly with a fluted dome? LS and the mark are unrecognized by me. I believe MLS has been seen before, but the maker is unidentified. It’s clear yours is LS however.

Dave

Hi Granville,

it's a 'classic' 'rawedge' brodie, british made, liner is a 2nd pattern (period replaced/refurbished. Since it's magnetic, I suppose its an 'early' one, but the shape of the dome is not high as 'first batch' ones...

post-14843-0-50422000-1320100126.jpg

The oval stamp is that of Miris the steel supplier. Their letter code was MLS - perhaps the M is indistinct on the helmet shown. I have a similar raw edge magnetic Brodie with the same oval stamp and MS letter code.

Roger

• 7 years later...