Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

A7V 504

stripeyman

Looks superb to me!

Where is it residing now? In a museum? Did it actually move or was it just a static display?

Absolutely stunning Bob - truly first rate!!

Well done indeed - you and your team should be rightly proud.

More pictures please....lots of them.

Regards,

Manxy

If I send you the wool, would you knit me one, please?

:lol:

Bruce

This and the previous photo was taken today. The vehicle will be taking part in Tankfest this week-end at the Tank Tank Museum

in Dorset. It is fully working and based for its mechanicals on a Fordson County Crawler, if you are coming to The Tank Museum make yourselves

known to me or or my chums who will be near it. Three and a half years to get to this.................

Bob Grundy

post-18171-1245963912.jpg

What a superb piece of work!

Bruce

Very Fine......

"Holy Moly!!!" :o

What a superb job--at first I thought it was the picture of the mock-up at the Panzer Museem.

Hope you give more details like the saga of what it took to build and what the interior looks like.

Joe Sweeney

'kin ell, that's superb - apart from Tankfest, any planned events for it this year?

"Holy Moly!!!" :o

What a superb job--at first I thought it was the picture of the mock-up at the Panzer Museem.

Hope you give more details like the saga of what it took to build and what the interior looks like.

Joe Sweeney

Wot 'e said!

fantastic.

Chris

Can you imagine the tail-back behind that on the Dorset roads ??!!! :o

Steve.

Bob

Could you give me some technical advice on the "hot rivets" that appear on the outside. Are they dummies or did you do this with actual rivets?

Wow that is even better than Peter Jacksons M1Vs

Great job very impressive

jonathan

Incredible piece of work. Is the interior as accurate or did you have to make allowances?.....more pics please.

thanks, ET

Excellent jpb ... if I had it in my garden I think my wife would be putting hanging baskers on those old maxims !

Bob

Could you give me some technical advice on the "hot rivets" that appear on the outside. Are they dummies or did you do this with actual rivets?

They are washers domed in a press and screwed onto the marine that is in place of the steel plate, its not a real one !

Bob

I'd love to see a video of that bad boy in motion!

They are washers domed in a press and screwed onto the marine that is in place of the steel plate, its not a real one !

Bob

Thanks, it is really such a pity that we have lost these skills. I even had a lot of trouble finding wheel rights, copper smiths etc. I also commented in another post at the level of expertise we had when these original items were made. After 100 years screws and bolts that have never been removed come out with ease. All those skills are gone.

I any event Bob G, a great job. Well done.

Good Lord! Did you need a licence to hang umpteen guns off your mobile sardine-tin?

Some fellahs from my Society will be at Bovvie this weekend - I'll ask them to keep an eye out.

Good Lord! Did you need a licence to hang umpteen guns off your mobile sardine-tin?

Some fellahs from my Society will be at Bovvie this weekend - I'll ask them to keep an eye out.

It was only there for Tankfest, now back in Ashton in Makerfield, Wigan.