Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Victor Baguley - can anyone help?

justingrimwood

Hi all I had some excellent help with a post yesterday (link below) and am hoping someone may now be able point me in the right direction in my research. I've tried the Medal roll searches, WO363, WO364, WO339, WO374 & PIN26 on Ancestry & TNA without any success.

My great grandfather is believed to have served with the Royal Horse Artillery during the Great War and we know he served in Egypt. Unfortunately I do not have his service number and don't know when he signed up or was discharged. Could anyone offer suggestions on where I can try next? (am I wasting my time going to Kew without knowing the basics?)

All I have as is a picture of him wearing what appears to be pre-war Horse Artillery Walking out dress

Name: Victor John William Baguley

D.O.B. 28/08/1891

Place of birth: Woolwich Barracks (father George was a gunner)

Permanent Residence: Ipswich, Suffolk (1901-1981)

Thanks in advance

Justin

Could this MIC be a possibility:

William R Bagguley

612076 RHA

first served in Egypt

I know it's not exactly the correct name. I did a search on BAG* and RHA and there are some interesting variations of the surname.

June

Justin

Could this MIC be a possibility:

William R Bagguley

612076 RHA

first served in Egypt

I know it's not exactly the correct name. I did a search on BAG* and RHA and there are some interesting variations of the surname.

June

It's another possibility, thanks for trying. I'm thinking of checking local newspapers for any information next.

Justin