Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

2/Lt JB Cairnie, 5th Seaforth

Jock Bruce

This officer's diary has recently been posted on the web at

http://www.lib.byu.edu/estu/wwi/memoir/cairnie1915.htm

Transcribed by me on behalf of the Cairnie family - 1916 and 1917 to come. Originals destined for Fort George in due course I hope.

I'n no relative, despite JBC's middle name - got in touch with the family through luck and a bit of detective work.

Jock

Hi Jock.

Glad to see the diary now available for everyone to see. Particularly interested to see the mention of North Beds locations. By the way the village mentioned on 22 January is Renhold not Rinhold, it is where I was born.

Best wishes.

John.

Jock - Good work, very interesting to read.

Like John, it was nice to see some familier names; Cardington is next to Cople, where I spent 11 years and Goldington Green where I lived for a couple of years.

Hi Jock.

Glad to see the diary now available for everyone to see. Particularly interested to see the mention of North Beds locations. By the way the village mentioned on 22 January is Renhold not Rinhold, it is where I was born.

Best wishes.

John.

John,

yes, and you had told me that already - must have got lost in the multiple versions that have passed between me and the Cairnie family - apologies to you and all Bedfordians (?)

Jock

• 2 months later...