Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

WW1 Helmet Manufacturers - Sheffield Munitions

biffrocks

Hi All

I had been trying to do some rearch on the WW1 helmet I brought a while ago from an antiques fair (photos attached) and I found a magazine at a car boot sale last weekend with the following details on the Manafacturers for the Sheffield Munitions Committee. Mine has the letters HV on the inside of the rim so I know from the article that it is made by W Hutton & Sons with the steel provided by Vickers.

I hope this info in the article which I have attached (unfortunately on it's side) is usefull to another novice like myslef and this info may be readily available but I thought I would post it in case someone else found it usefull.

Helmet1.jpg

Helmet2.jpg

Helmet3.jpg

That is great, thank you for posting. I never knew it was possible to ID the maker.

Thanks for posting,

Stewart

Only needed to search on the forum.

http://1914-1918.invisionzone.com/forums/i...hl=brodie+maker

Mick

Hi Mick

As I said it may well have been covered before and I can see that from your link it has. I stated I was a novice at all this as you can see from my status.I just wanted to add something that may help someone else as people have helped me on the forum and from the person who has added a comment before you they have been helped by my post. I shall be far more mindfull before I post again to ensure there is no duplication.

Thanks for your help and friendly comments, nice to be made welcome and not to be made to look stupid!!!!!!

Rob

That is great, thank you for posting. I never knew it was possible to ID the maker.

Thanks for posting,

Stewart

Hi Stewart

Glad you have found it usefull. Glad to help as everyone seems to have helped me so much on the forum. Especially as I am a bit of a novice at all this.

Rob