Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Regimental Histories

Paul Byrne

All Guards Regiments, Royal Scots, KOSB, Black Watch, Gloucester and Cheshire Regiments.

More than happy to do look ups, photocopies ( within reason )

Hi Paul!!

Could you let me know what the 1/Welsh Guards were doing around the first two weeks of September 1918? I'm looking for the following soldier:

Private Christopher John ROGERS 1st Battalion Welsh Guards

b. White Ladies Worcs. e. Worcester 4351 Pte d of w F&F 12/9/18 formerly 3441 Household Battalion

 Husband of Mrs WA Simmonds (formerly Rogers) of 47 Welch Gate Bewdley

 Bac-du-Sud Cemetery, Bailleulval, Pas de Calais, France

 VI. A 13

Thanks!

Simon

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Paul

Could you let me know if you have any info on what the 3rd Coldstream Gds were doing on the 14th of Sept 1914? I'm particuarly interested in any mention of Captain Charles William Banbury, DOW 16/09/14 from wounds recieved on this date.

Also would you have Any Info on the 4th Guards Machine Gun , here Im interested in a Sgt Harry Walker DCM MM & bar No. 707, formerly 2631 Machine Gun Coy. Coldstream Guards.

Many thanks

Mark

Hello Paul,

Do you have any information on what the 11th Bn Cheshire Regiment were doing on 3rd July 1916. I am looking for Pte George Arnold.

Also if you have any background info on 11th Bn Cheshires I would be grateful. I have already looked them up on the website.

Regards

Ali

• 3 months later...

Hello Paul,

If you have any information on the 1st Coldtream Guards on or around November 4th 1918, I would be very grateful.

Alec

Hi Paul,

Could you let me know what the history says for 3/Grenadier Gds for 31st July 1917, please?

Thanks,

Dave.

• 2 years later...

Hi Paul,

Could you look up for me and let me about the action that was taking place during October 9th 1915 and any reference you may have to 9055 Sgt Alfred Waltho Powell 3rd Battalion Coldstream Guards.

Also what action was taking place during November 27th 1917 with any reference you may have to 18113 Private Frank Waltho Powell 1st Battalion Coldstream Guards

Kind regards

Martyn

Hi Paul,

Could you look up for me and let me about the action that was taking place during October 9th 1915 and any reference you may have to 9055 Sgt Alfred Waltho Powell 3rd Battalion Coldstream Guards.

Also what action was taking place during November 27th 1917 with any reference you may have to 18113 Private Frank Waltho Powell 1st Battalion Coldstream Guards

Kind regards

Martyn

Paul..could you tell me where 2/Royal Scots were in July 1914 when war was declared..

Thank you very much..

Drummer

• 4 months later...
All Guards Regiments, Royal Scots, KOSB, Black Watch, Gloucester and Cheshire Regiments.

<_<

could you look up anything to do with 2d btn KOSB and any info on pte 28705 James Rolland on or around May 1917 ( died 08/05/1917 ) any thing would be great.

• 4 months later...

Paul

very kind of you to offer this information. I am researching an ancestor of mine who served and died with the Welsh Guards. His death occured 2nd May 1918 do you have any knowledge of what the Welsh Guards were doing on or around that day?

as a matter of interest here are his details from CWGC

ALDERMAN, ERNEST WILLIAM

Initials: E W

Nationality: United Kingdom

Regiment: Welsh Guards

Unit Text: 1st Bn.

Date of Death: 02/05/1918

Service No: 3899

Additional information: Only son of Edward and Priscilla Alderman, of 16, Teall Rd., Saltley, Birmingham.

Casualty Type: Commonwealth War Dead

Grave/Memorial Reference: I. A. 13.

Cemetery: DOULLENS COMMUNAL CEMETERY EXTENSION No.2

thanks very much

Tony Smith

• 1 year later...

Hello Paul, would you have any information on 6161 SJT J CALDWEL. R SCOTS

A/RSM 1/4th RS at Gallipoli and was with the Garrison battalion at some stage.

He was awarded the French CROX DE GUERR

Thanks Ed Robinson