Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

egbert

Guys , be patient its becoming a long lasting and hopefully interesting thread back into time; piece by piece ;)

we have a time difference of 7 hrs and I am at work right now -no access to the trunk; the messenger dog is guarding vigorously= he only accepts me examining the trunk when distracted by his daily food ration which comes tonight;

"Take Your Pick".............Open the box was an option,they say your memory starts to go when you pass 50,{From one who knows!}

Your Quiz & Inqusitor tonight is Mr Michael Miles...........Werent Sunday evenings gentle way back then! :blink:

It'll be full of Reichsmarks,pre Inflation............Loaf of bread anyone?

Dear Roger

It is your memory that is fading now! Sunday nights were from the London Palladium, with Norman 'Roses Grow on You' whatsisname and the Tiller Girls. Friday nights were indeed 'Take Your Pick', of that I am sure, because on 22 November 1963 it coincided with Kennedy's assasination. I remember sitting by the fire hearing the news.

Yes evenings by the TV were gentle, thought I, in my cradle.

Regarding the trunk, I think Egbert will find a spare key, a set of paid gas bills and a tennis racket.

Egbert,

Are you not feeling well? you don't sound to good to me. I think you should go home and rest! What do the rest of you think? He is looking rather peeky don't you think?

Mandy

It is your memory that is fading now! Sunday nights were from the London Palladium, with Norman 'Roses Grow on You' whatsisname and the Tiller Girls. Friday nights were indeed 'Take Your Pick', of that I am sure, because on 22 November 1963 it coincided with Kennedy's assasination. I remember sitting by the fire hearing the news.

Touche' I put me hands up! My memory well & truly "Shot"

Ole' Swingin' ~ Dodgy Norman Vaughan

& Dickie Henderson as "Guest Star" every other week.{When they couldn't get that manic French Bloke with his tangled Jacket & Bowler Hat~That's Entertainment}...LWTV has a lot to answer for

Egbert

You could make this the longest running thread on the forum if you don't open it soon. :lol:

Glyn

Mmmmh... I'll bet something that spiderwebs and dust can be found in there.

Gloria

:lol:

thanx , this will become a hitchcock thread - it is 14:00 hrs and i am still at work; and I promise you -it will turn from fun into sober awaken to the reality of war

Maybe it's a prophecy.

Egbert's dog will be so hungry he will dash forward (it's a daschund) and eat the contents of the box before Egbert has had a proper chance to examine the contents, thus rendering the contents unreadable,...

except for the words,... 'prophecy, and dog'.

Julia

P.S. We're getting bored Egbert.

Sorry pals for the delay: I just came back from work and wanted to approach the trunk. But i am not weary of life - the messenger dog drove me crazy; not even the mentioning of Gwyn's cat distracted him - boy he protects it! I don't want to tease you nor do I want to take your precious time -but you don't want to be in harms way -a Brit origin Airedale in German service is dangerous stuff; I think i can manage at feeding time later today

post-80-1130886714.jpg

It's open and here is the first artifact: a pair of binoculars; hope this government issued equipment was only "borrowed"

post-80-1130888584.jpg

You could borrow my Wife for a couple of months, but she only does cleaning and cooking now, and its the cooking thats the problem, its too good, if she's away me and the dogs might lose some weight. Just about to tackle a couple of bowls of London particular(soup) followed by steamed treacle pudding. oh dear! I can feel the calories already.

And Egbert, for goodness sake dont keep us in suspense, I dont care if your G-Dad was in the Irish Salvation Army :D  :D

Len

len,i have the opposite problem,my wifes cooking is terrible,our dustbins got ulcers cos of it,bernard

Hello,

You may be sure that the binoculars are not borrowed, they are German.

Regards,

Cnock

Dammit Egbert, you're a tease!

You weren't a stripper in a past life were you? :lol:

Adrian

You must stop at all costs. The trunk almost certainly contains:

irrefutable evidence that Haig was a magnificent general, the best we have ever had,

irrefutable evidence that all the SAD men were totally guilty and worthless and deserved to die

irrefutable evidence that the 'Angel of Mons' and 'Russians with snow on their boots' did exist.

Don't do it, or you will make half our members happy at the expense of the other half.

signed. Grumpy, Captain, 4th Armoured Thunderboxes attd. Mobile Field Brothel.