Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

deleted

markinbelfast

Off to Vienna to watch our wee country play....anything warlike-related to see or medal shops?...any advice appreciated!

Shouldn't miss the arsenal. If you read Germasn there are some pretty good bookshops to nose around in as well.

Paul

The military museum is one of the best I've ever been to. Includes the car in which Franz Ferdinand was shot plus his bloodstained uniform and other momentoes (possibly now including Princip's pistol, recently discovered) and lots of WW1 weaponry etc.

Somewhere just off the main street, near the Cathedral, is a small undeveloped area with a plaque. It marks the site of a WWII air raid shelter which suffered a direct hit, killing several hundred occupants. Made me think.

• 3 weeks later...
I'm off to Vienna again myself next week and curious to see if the Technical Museum contains any military bits and pieces.

It does. 3 baloons used by the K.U.K., a Taube aircraft and an Austrian ww1 aircraft I hadn't seen before. Forgot the name but will remember again when I get the colour slides back from the shop.

Regards,

Marco