Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

I'm on my way at last!!

Auimfo

And about time.

June/July 2006 my wife and I are on a trip to England to visit my daughter and her boyfriend (hopefully to celebrate their engagement). We also plan to visit Paris for a short stay after which she has allowed me a few days to myself to do some battlefield touring while she goes back to England.

Unfortunately it will only be for three or four days and it is essential I visit the graves of my relatives at Heath Cemetery (Somme) and Underhill Farm (Ploegsteert). I'm going to also have to visit places like Pozieres, Villers Bret, Hamel and Ypres etc etc... I just don't know how I'm going to manage it on the shoestring budget my wife's given me but where there's a will there's a way.

If anyone knows of some good cheap accomodation and tips on travelling around I'd really appreciate them.

Also, if anyone else is going to be visiting around the same time I'd love to catch up and share a drink or two. (or three, or four!!)

Tim L.

P.S. I'm aware it's the 90th Anniversary around the time I'll be visiting and the likelihood is that accomodation could be very difficult to find. Unfortunately, I'm not yet in a position to confirm exact dates so any suggestions (ie "bring a tent") would be very appreciated.

Tim,

congratulations on your forthcoming trip, you have plenty of time to sort out your visits and routes and I am sure that there will be plenty of Pal's more than willing to give help and advice. Just one word of warning I understand that accomodation is going to be hard to get at the end of June and start of July next year due to the 90th Aniv of the Battle of the Somme, so it might be wise to work around those dates.

Have a great trip and when you have your dates sorted post them up as I intend to be over there late July so it would be nice to buy you a beer.

regards,

Scottie.

And about time.

June/July 2006 my wife and I are on a trip to England to visit my daughter and her boyfriend (hopefully to celebrate their engagement).  We also plan to visit Paris for a short stay after which she has allowed me a few days to myself to do some battlefield touring while she goes back to England. 

Unfortunately it will only be for three or four days and it is essential I visit the graves of my relatives at Heath Cemetery (Somme) and Underhill Farm (Ploegsteert).  I'm going to also have to visit places like Pozieres, Villers Bret, Hamel and Ypres etc etc...  I just don't know how I'm going to manage it on the shoestring budget my wife's given me but where there's a will there's a way.

If anyone knows of some good cheap accomodation and tips on travelling around I'd really appreciate them. 

Also, if anyone else is going to be visiting around the same time I'd love to catch up and share a drink or two. (or three, or four!!)

Tim L.

P.S. I'm aware it's the 90th Anniversary around the time I'll be visiting and the likelihood is that accomodation could be very difficult to find.  Unfortunately, I'm not yet in a position to confirm exact dates so any suggestions (ie "bring a tent") would be very appreciated.

And about time.

June/July 2006 my wife and I are on a trip to England to visit my daughter and her boyfriend (hopefully to celebrate their engagement).  We also plan to visit Paris for a short stay after which she has allowed me a few days to myself to do some battlefield touring while she goes back to England. 

Unfortunately it will only be for three or four days and it is essential I visit the graves of my relatives at Heath Cemetery (Somme) and Underhill Farm (Ploegsteert).  I'm going to also have to visit places like Pozieres, Villers Bret, Hamel and Ypres etc etc...  I just don't know how I'm going to manage it on the shoestring budget my wife's given me but where there's a will there's a way.

Tim L.

P.S. I'm aware it's the 90th Anniversary around the time I'll be visiting and the likelihood is that accomodation could be very difficult to find.  Unfortunately, I'm not yet in a position to confirm exact dates so any suggestions (ie "bring a tent") would be very appreciated.

hi tim,

give me the dates you are going and take a look at my web site.

rumjar.