Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

The Telegram

Soren

Soren,

I always check your drawings as I think that they are very good. I admire the way in which you capture the Great war in your work.

I usually manage to keep a distance from the subject... but this time couldn't help my eyes going moist...

Gloria

Soren,

every picture tells a story and again you have done just that.

What is going through her mind now? So many questions and not enough answers.

Mandy

A Pal once furnished me with the story and a picture of Billy Smith and his Fiancee who'd died a spinster at the age of 105 still clutching his picture, doing it from memory here, but imagining her looking at his picture, whilst holding his letters wondering about what might have been..

And then 90 years on the picture will be sold on e-bay for £4.99, by someone who could'nt give a......

post-4474-1127916227.jpg

Soren,

you have captured the sadness in his eyes just like a camera would.

And he never did get over it did he?

Mandy

Soren

I don't know how you do it ,but you do, every time.

The sheer emotion comes flooding out of those pictures, that's what you do you capture expressions simply and powerfully. Well done mate

(...) And then 90 years on the picture will be sold on e-bay for £4.99, by someone who could'nt give a......

There's a way to prevent people not give a .... As far as you teach them to care about this things, it is unlikely that they'll sell them up for nothing... In the worse of cases, at least there'll be someone who will be interested in the picture (and the story behind).

(anyway... who knows if ebay will still be around in 90 years: maybe future trade will be done by sophisticated tele-transportation means... or maybe we'll be back to trading arrow heads and amber beads and will communicate by smoke signals)

Gloria