Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Sir Henry 'Tim' Birkin RFC/RAF

LowNslow

Hi there, this is a first post on this site which I've newly discovered. That's another afternoon's work out of the window! However I hope I can pick collective brains.

A friend of mine is researching the story of 'Bentley Boy', Le Mans racer and speed record breaker Sir Henry R.S. "Tim" Birkin, but has pretty much drawn a blank on his RFC/RAF career.

We know he used the rank of Captain and was based in Mesopotamia until 1919. Anyone have any idea which squadron he served with, and on which types?

• 2 weeks later...
Welcome!  Can't see any specific ref in the official history, but try via this link:

http://theaerodrome.com/

Regards

Andrew

Many thanks. I've posted a mesage on there, but no-one seems any the wiser. Anyone else got any thoughts on where we look next?

Steve

• 13 years later...
On 04/10/2005 at 06:09, LowNslow said:

Many thanks. I've posted a mesage on there, but no-one seems any the wiser. Anyone else got any thoughts on where we look next?

Steve

Hi - if you are still out there, you might like to check out my posting on Convalescent RFC officers of 1917- which will give you a photo and what I have managed to find out so far. In c sept oct 1917 he can be placed convalescing at Hillington hall Norfolk. there are some notes on his service up until 1917.