Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Salonika

Bruce Dennis

Hello all, I will be in Thessalonica for a few hours on Monday 19th September and maybe the following morning: any advice on how to use the time best? It is my first visit there.

Open to suggestions,

Regards

Bruce

Bruce,

I don't know if you'll get time to go outside the city but this one would be a good option for you.

http://www.cwgc.org/cwgcinternet/cemetery_...y=160000&mode=1

It gives commanding views of Macedonia and you can make out positions such as the Devil's Eye over there.

Steve

Bruce I arrive the same day after a 20 hour 2 change flight and will be whipped but if you have to be in the bar look for an American, 60, or just look for the guy in the pumps and blond wig! :D Hotel Phillipion.

Bruce I arrive the same day after a 20 hour 2 change flight and will be whipped but if you have to be in the bar look for an American, 60, or just look for the guy in the pumps and blond wig! :D Hotel Phillipion.

Paul, thanks for the offer, I will try to do that, but I don't know if I am even going to make on Monday now. I will PM you with changed timetable.

I will also tell everybody on this forum whether or not you were bluffing about the wig/pumps.

Regards,

Bruce