Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Names added to memorials

Guest geoff501

A couple of Great War Memorials I have seen have 39-45 names added and also some from the Falklands War (1982). How can I find more about these Falkland names, since the CWGC list stops at 1947

A couple of Great War Memorials I have seen have 39-45 names added and also some from the Falklands War (1982). How can I find more about these Falkland names, since the CWGC list stops at 1947

A search in your local newspapers ' the time will shed light on them most likely,or even the Nationals as they carried Casualty Lists,Check with your local library,who should have them on microfiche,or the Papers Head Office for that area

If you look at the SAMA site ( South Atlantic Medal Association) there is an online memorial which has some information on those who died during the Falklands War.

If you look at the SAMA site ( South Atlantic Medal Association) there is an online memorial which has some information on those who died during the Falklands War.

Thanks, HarryBetts, don't know why I did not think of that - probably fear of the dreaded microfilm reader!

Mrytle, thanks that's just what I was looking for - unfortunatly the name is not there, however the photo I took is not clear maybe I have the name wrong