Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Hospital 1917 - where?

Liz in Eastbourne

Can anyone identify this  unknown hospital where a friend's grandfather (Pte Joseph Lynn. 5th Ox and Bucks LI, second left in front standing row) was a patient after being wounded at Arras in 1917?  It's a tall order, but perhaps someone recognises other people on it, whether nurses or patients.

http://Joseph Lynn in hospital 1917_zpsabtljfa3

Liz

Edited by Liz in Eastbourne

Wish I could help but I must say it looks like it may be a convalescent home and the stamp at bottom right suggests Lovell Smith Richmond?

So it does!  I missed that, though I assume it's fairly obvious on the photograph 'in the flesh', which I haven't seen.  

Thanks, Diane.

Liz

Lovell Smith probably is the photographer.

Just in case the hospital was in Richmond, check this.

Roel

Edited by roel22

Yes, I realised Lovell Smith would be the photographer, Roel - but I was thinking it was more likely to be Richmond, Surrey, than Richmond, North Yorkshire, though.  There was apparently a military hospital in the former workhouse there. EDIT Yes, he was definitely a photographer in Richmond, Surrey - he took many local postcard photographs, evidently.

Thanks for the thought, anyway.

Liz

Edited by Liz in Eastbourne

Thanks, Terry. Sorry to have been a bit slow to come back.  Evidently there are two possibilities - I was thinking of this one: http://ezitis.myzen.co.uk/groveroad.html

On another thread it's become clear he was at a hospital in Leamington Spa in November 1917, so he might have been transferred here, as Diane said, to convalesce.

Liz