Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Kings Royal Rifles, 109 Training Reserve

jalucy8

I'm trying to find any information that I can on my grandfather William Harold Pearson. According to a death certificate of one his children, he was described as a Drill Instructor in 1911. At that time he was 25 years of age so I am assuming that he must have enlisted before the war, but I am not sure. At the time he was living at Redriff Road West Ham, I do know that he was Quartermaster Sergeant in the 26th Reserve Brigade 109th Training Reserve 19th (Reserve) Battalion, the King's Royal Rifle Corps in 1917. He met my grandmother when he knocked on her door, to establish whether she was able to billet some of his troops. She was living in Banbury Oxfordshire at the time.

I recognise that his function did not demand heroics, as they seem to be purely based in England. However in support of my family history research I would love to know anything about his army career. Family myth has it, that at some point he worked in the War Office and was involved with producing the King's regulations, but I have no idea how I could prove or disprove this.

I am totally new to researching Army records and would therefore be very grateful if anyone could point me in the right direction or even better provide me with some real information.

• 5 years later...

Harold William Pearson is covered by these various topics (includes this topic):

Re: Harold William Pearson- Kings Royal Rifles

Re: HW Pearson and Military Crime

Re: Harold William Pearson- Court Martial Records 1916/7

Kings Royal Rifles, 109 Training Reserve

Newbie Question re Harold William Pearson

King's Royal Rifles - Training Reserves

In some of these topics, Bill also refers to a topic posted in the Photos section, but I haven't not been able to find that yet.