The village of Le Quesnel, which had been for some time in British hands, was captured by the enemy on the 27th March, 1918, but was retaken on the following 9th August, by the 75th Canadian Infantry Battalion. Le Quesnel Communal Cemetery Extension was created by the Canadian Corps Burial Officers in August, 1918. Three graves were transferred here from Fresnoy-en-Chaussee Churchyard in 1934 to ensure perpetuity and proper maintenance. There are now over 60 Great War and a small number of Second World War casualties commemorated in this site. The Extension covers an area of 486 square metres and is enclosed by a low red brick wall on three sides and by the higher wall of the Communal Cemetery on the forth.