Petit-Vimy British Cemetery. Vimy is a village some 10 kilometres north of Arras and the Petit-Vimy British Cemetery is west of the village and a little west of the main road (N25) from Lens to Arras. The cemetery was made and used by units in the front line from the beginning of May to October 1917. In 1923, it was enlarged with graves found on the battlefields to the north-west, and there are now three Canadians buried here from the Battle of Vimy Ridge. Petit-Vimy British Cemetery contains 94 Great War burials, 23 of them unidentified. The cemetery was designed by W H Cowlishaw.